Zaros Kymen Atha’lin
Listener is the only child of Queen Roena Ilves and heir to the throne. Zaros is the son of the Atha’lin Family that was recently appointed the status of noble.
Listener and Zaros have a past history during their time at the Academy. It has been 8 years since they had seen each other last. Listener told Zaros “[y]ou are a disgusting leech who won my trust, only to break me after. Knowing you is my greatest regret, I never want to see your face again.”
Serulla (the Dominion where the story takes place) is set in a fantasy world with a language all its own.
Originally a one shot, he will occasionally make appearances when a story warrants him.
- Are naturally persuasive / have an innate charm that entices others
- Feed on desire (won’t kill the person they feed on)
- Have the ability to inhibit pain
- Have accelerated healing
- Not affected by alcohol
- Are not as strong as vampires
- Are not naturally inclined to monogamy due to their nature
- Move around to avoid Hunters
- New Orleans is a hub for supernaturals and where Dontis considers home.
Pronounced as Neil/Neel/Neal
Niall’s series is M4M, so Listener is in this case male.
- Stayed locally for university where he studied art.
- After graduating he looked for jobs related to art, but has been working at the local library for the last 2 years.
- Hasn’t seen Listener in the last 5 years.
- Spends most of his time working, taking care of Mum, and drawing – not much room for free time/hobbies.
- Is a bit of a weeb – likes Attack on Titan. Called Listener a “sussy baka”.
- A big fan of Michael Sereni a contemporary artist, he wanted to write his dissertation on him but knew there wouldn’t be enough reference material on him since he’s so private. Michael’s portfolio includes several styles, and Niall feels like Michael does them so well that it’s like he lived through those periods:
- Earns extra doing commissions: most recent one is a D&D (Dungeons & Dragons) character. Working at the Library pays more though, so it’s only a side hustle at the moment.
- Is Niall’s classmate from High School. They were partners in science class.
- He just graduated from University with a degree in business management.
- They were friendly/friends until Listener betrayed Niall in year 9 (age 13) by outing him to their classmates to save himself.
- Was part of the popular clique in high school.
- Likes to cook, and gives Niall some tips about it.
- Is a weeb. Would Naruto run and do the hand signs.
- Gives Niall a Bob Ross cooking apron for Christmas.
- Kelly (Mum): is in the beginning stages of MS (Multiple Sclerosis) and Niall helps to take care of her. They’re very close, but at the same time their relationship has become a bit strained because Mum doesn’t want to feel like a burden and Niall has been working so hard to help her. They now cook together as suggested by Listener.
- Dad: Is an architect, and sometimes needs to working abroad, but will return beginning of next year possibly in June or July.
(Listener works at Jollibee, age 18+)
(Xanthus currently is an art curator and owns the Grand Devino Gallery in the Soho District of London, England)
- Increased strength
- Superior hearing and vision
- Heightened sense of smell
- Super speed
- Accelerated healing
- Mind Manipulation (Compulsion)
- Sunlight: won’t kill them, but it’s painful to be under direct sunlight (absolutely DOES NOT sparkle).
- Other vampires’ blood: drinking other vampires’ blood can become extremely addictive and make them go insane.
- Destined Partner: the death of a partner is extremely painful to the vampire, like killing a part of the vampire as well.
- Powerful tranquilizers: effective in incapacitating vampires.
- Compulsion by a more powerful vampire.
Correct lore for killing vampires
- Removal of the heart
- Bite from a werewolf
Incorrect lore regarding vampires
- Stake through the heart
- Mind reading
- Must be invited in in order to enter your home
- Enemies with werewolves
Making of vampires
- A human must have vampire blood in their body at the time of their death.
- Though vampires become sterile after turning, a vampire can be born through very specific, but unknown, circumstances.
Special Abilities of Listener
- Enhanced healing
- How they are bonded: A human is given Vampire blood, but not enough to turn them; the vampire blood mutates the human, and this mutation can be passed down to their progeny. The bond is activated when the vampire feeds on the human with the mutation. Any progeny can potentially become a destined partner for the vampire that shared their blood.
- How to break the bond: Death of either person, including turning the human partner into a vampire; with the death of the human, the vampire is put through tremendous pain.
Acquaintances / Allies / Friends / Family of Xanthus
- Michael Sereni (Vampire): Artist that shows exclusively at Xanthus’s art gallery. Has a painful past but Xanthus is not privy to it.
- Dontis (Incubus): Dontis owes Xanthus a debt for freeing him from being imprisoned in a Hunting family’s collection about 100 years ago. Occasionally stays with him. In part 7, Xanthus and Listener stay with Dontis in his penthouse apartment in New Orleans.
- Isis (Elder Vampire): She is approximately 2500 years old and possibly has information on is researching destined partners. Has had 3 destined partners herself. [Voiced by Aryashadeslay]
- Adam (Werewolf): Friend that he’s known since World War I when they served together. [Voiced by MrFoxHound]
[Unnamed Female](Vampire): Tricked by the Trimedian (?) to kill Listener; Xanthus spared her life at the insistence of Listener and in return she owes him a debt. [Voiced by BethyVA]
- Father: Held the title of Viscount; a Royalist that supported the Monarchy as the way govern England. He was driven by money and power. He was disabled so he was unable to fight in the Royalist army, but forced Xanthus to enlist instead.
- Younger Brother: 7 years younger than Xanthus. He wanted to be an explorer. After Xanthus’s “death” during the Battle of Newburn, he became the successor instead. He married a woman who did a lot of charity work. They had children, and Xanthus looks after their descendants.
- Audric (Vampire): He is approximately 900 years old. The man who turned Xanthus. He was a doctor during the Battle of Newburn, where he saved Xanthus by giving him vampire blood, and then broke his neck to turn him into a vampire. He had two reasons to turn Xanthus: 1) to try to “save” as many lives from war and 2) to build an army to dismantle/get revenge against the Trimedian. His grudge against the Trimedian stemmed from the murder of his wife during the witch trials. Xanthus accidentally led the Trimedian to Audric’s family due to a trap the Trimedian set. He feels the guilt to this day. Xanthus has not seen him in a few decades, and presumes him to be dead.
Enemies of Xanthus
- The Trimedian: A secret clan of hunters that formed during the European witch hunting trials in the 15th century. Their main goal is to kill all supernaturals. They use any means necessary to kill supernaturals, including using other humans as meat shields and disregard any collateral damage inflicted during a hunt. Xanthus destroyed a lineage that specialized in hunting Vampires after they refused his mercy.
- 1896 Athens – Hunters burned down a hotel with innocents trapped inside because they though Xanthus was staying there. The Fran’s family was killed in the fire.
- A vampire that said he was part of the Trimedian. They know about the bond Xanthus has with Listener.
Actual Historical People / Events / Items mentioned
- Michael Faraday [Person]
- Charles Darwin [Person]
- William Wilberforce [Person]
- Florence Nightingale [Person]
- Battle of Marston Moor [Event]
- The Three Brothers (aka The Three Brethren) [Jewel]
- The Rime of the Ancient Mariner [Book]
- Songs of Innocence and Experience [Book]
- The Castle of Otrano [Book]
- Common Sense [Book]
- Witch Trials [Event]
- Battle of Newburn [Event]
- English Civil War [Event]
Series is now concluded, Kayson is now stuck in a relationship
Places Listener has gotten stuck with Kayson
- Locker in Mr. Taylor’s office
- Elevator at college
- Old break room in the college library (to be fair, Kayson was the one who locked the door)
- At the top of a ferris wheel at the local fair
- In a relationship
- Middle Brother Gio
- Youngest Brother Kyle
Parents are divorced; grew up with his Mom; currently living with his Dad for college; Gio is 16; Kyle is 12.
(Listener is a barista at the Brewhouse Café, age undetermined)
Isaac & Elias Timeline
- Only trust Elias
- Don’t contact anyone
- Don’t leave the hotel suite / safe house
- Don’t do anything to screw over Elias
- Wraiths (Stockton)
- Warden – Leader / Elias’ Father
- James – Advisor to Warden (Consigliere) / Elias’ Maternal Uncle
- Vex (Stockton)
- Callum Harris (deceased) – Leader
- ??? – Leader
- Fangs (Stockton)
- Underground Ravens (from the Havenverse)
- Helios – Leader
- Darius – Second in Command
- Penance (Hanford → Stockton)
- Morgan – Leader
Series is now concluded, he put a ring on it.
How Luca & Listener Met
At a party in college, one that Luca originally wasn’t planning on attending, but went anyway.
Holidays Luca & Listener have celebrated together
- New Year’s
Costumes worn by Luca
- Bunny Butler
- Christmas Kitty
- Easter Bunny
- Candy bars
- Chocolate pieces that fizzle in your mouth (whizz bees?)
- Limited edition candy (unspecified, Listener’s favorite)
- Luxury hot chocolate (unspecified)
- Liquor bonbons (brand unknown): sea salt, spiced cinnamon, coconut, honeycomb, espresso, prosecco, rum, caramel
- Venchi chocolate hazelnut spread
- Japanese Kit Kats (assorted flavors, including strawberry cheesecake)
- Lindt truffles (assorted flavors, including white chocolate and orange)
- Suchard hot chocolate
- Luca is ticklish.
- Luca’s birthday is after Easter (7 June).
- Listener’s birthday is after Luca’s.
- Used to TA for Jeremy.
- Luca apologized to the fridge after accidentally hitting it.
- Luca was bullied in school for being quiet/shy.
- Listener likes playing Minecraft on Nintendo Switch.
(Listener is approximately mid-20’s)
Isaac & Elias Timeline
- Isaac’s study is off-limits, as is the garden. (refer to rule number 10 for update)
- Primary duties are cleaning, cooking and serving guests.
- Work starts at 9am every day.
- Listener is not to leave the premises unless given permission by Isaac.
- No ordering in food, the kitchen will always be stocked.
- Groceries are delivered every Friday at 4pm.
- Isaac has a black coffee with one sugar in the morning, that’s it.
- Listener may use the various facilities on their own time.
- Listener’s duties now include assisting Isaac with his work. Pay will stay the same. Listener will complete their primary duties first before they can assist Isaac.
- Listener is allowed in Isaac’s study only when he is there as well.
- Listener is allowed access to the internet only when Isaac is online as well, and he will monitor usage.
(Season 1: Listener is in their second year of university, approx age 19 / 20; Season 2: Listener is in their final year of university, approx age 20 / 21)
(Season 1: Andrew has been teaching for two years, started teaching at age 21)
Andrew as the official genius of the Sakuverse skipped two grades in high school, and did advanced placement courses in order to complete university in one course year at the age of 19.